More than 20 million Americans claim some sort of Irish heritage. But how much do you really know about this amazing country? Forget about shamrocks, leprechauns, and all that blarney--this book is a concise and authoritative guide that dispels the myths and tells the true stories of the Irish. Highlights include
- Who St. Patrick really was
- The story behind "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
- Scandals in the Irish church
- Coming to America and the real gangs of New York
- The spooky truth behind changelings, leprechauns, and fairies
Complete with an Irish language primer and pronunciation guide, this book is an informative pot of gold for everyone who loves the Irish!